 Robotics / Telerobotics / 14
13  |  15
Subject:
TV cameras on Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.tele
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 23:44:59 GMT

I found a tiny survelance camera at a local electronics shop and mounted
it on a 4x2 Lego brick.  It is B&W.  It was originally a pinhole type
but I had to modify it.  The picture on my 55 inch TV was just too
fuzzy.  I got the sharpness way up.  I built it a version of one of my
differential drive robots that manuevers very sharply even on carpet.
It can spin on its driven axle and make a very watchable pan even on
carpet.  I made a gantry with a weight to control the umbilical to the
robot.  It is great fun to drive around with the Lego remote control.
The robot's eye view is surprising.  Also it is almost like a low power
microscope, everything seems proportioned to the Lego robot.  Feet look
like houses.  It is nifty the way it sees under furniture etc.  At the
very least it was an interesting diversion in spite of the poor robot
having to drag an umbilical around:

www.aloha.net/~mburger