 Robotics / Spybotics / 352
351  |  353
Subject:
#3806 Gigamesh: some very basic questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 05:37:59 GMT

Hey all,

Found this for $45 at my local toy consignment shop and put it together.  I
guess I can see the appeal but it's just lost on me.  Too much time and
effort required for the setup before you get to actually move the vehicle
around (I know, I know, I'm impatient, but that's me!).  I just wanted the
black gears and other Technic bits.

One thing they should've considered when putting the software together was
just a page on basic movement of the vehicle that would come up immediately
after the diagnostic test.  Maybe I haven't dug through the program enough,
but it seems to me that this should've been the very first thing covered
after you've built the model.  I guess they just assumed that people would
know what to do, and sometimes that kind of assumption just really annoys
me.  IMHO, they should have put together a nice, simple manual instead of
that unwieldy fold-out poster.  It's too busy graphically and the important
basic info is scattered all over the place.

I figured out how to steer the little bugger, but how do I activate the LED
"laser"?  I thought it might be the red button (#2) but no dice.  What do I
have to do?  I bought the set mainly for parts as I'm not a code cruncher at
all, so please be light on the acronyms!  I just want to tool it around my
apartment a bit and freak out my cat before I sell the body and remote to a
friend!

Dave