 Robotics / Spybotics / 343
342  |  344
Subject:
Own ID in Pings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:20:34 GMT

Hello,

Does anyone know if the Own ID (source 51,2 - or via NQC PingID()) is a hard
coded value, or is it computed from other information (i.e. from the Spybot
type, long ID, name, birthdate, etc.)?

I'm working with a good number of Spybots.  Murphy's law combined with
statistics leads me to believe I will soon see two Spybots with the same ID.  It
would be nice address this issue before it happens!

Thanks,
Jay