 Robotics / Spybotics / 264
  Spybot Studies: display an 8-bit value

I feel a little sheepish posting such simple code, but I needed to write this function anyway, and it's a legitimate illustration of a couple functions, which is the goal of "Spybot Studies" and this is a run-on sentence. /* led_8bit_display A (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybot Studies: display an 8-bit value

(...) Another very simple thing to do to display this type of "debug" information is to send a message to an RCX, and display the value on the LCD of the RCX. That way, you don't need to mess with decoding the 8 bit binary number. This was not my (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybot Studies: display an 8-bit value

(...) Mark Riley did this using MindScript but I don't recall having already seen the equivalent in NQC. (URL) than use a #define macro (speaking of which, I need to fix the syntax highlighting of preprocessor macros to account for multiple lines) I (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybot Studies: display an 8-bit value

(...) In case anyone was wondering (yeah, sure :-), this line in my original post: lediDisplay = (x & 0x17) ((x & 8) * 4) ((x & 32) / 4) rearranges the bits so that the lower 6 bits can easily be read left to right (while looking at the bot from the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, FTX)