 Robotics / Spybotics / 237
236  |  238
Subject:
Spybot MessageEvent
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:08:35 GMT

I realize that I may be reinventing the wheel with this, but I was not
able to find another way of accomplishing the same thing.

After setting up a VLLEvent using:

   #define VLLEvent 1
   SetEvent(VLLEvent, VLL(), EVENT_TYPE_VLL_MSG_RECEIVED);

then using:

   monitor (EVENT_MASK(VLLEvent)) {
   }
   catch {
   }

I figured I could do the same thing with the IR messages...

   SetEvent(MessageEvent, Message(), EVENT_MESSAGE);

and:

   monitor (EVENT_MASK(MessageEvent)) ...etc...

However, this doesn't work.  So I dug around a bit in the header and
help files and was able to get it to work with this:

   #define MessageEvent 2
   asm { 0x93, MessageEvent, 9, 13 };

and:

   monitor (EVENT_MASK(MessageEvent)) ...etc...

If there is another way to accomplish this, I would be very interested.

// Joe