 Robotics / Scout / 7
6  |  8
Subject:
Scout SDK - first impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.scout
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 06:01:14 GMT

I found the documentation and examples to be very thorough and clear.
The LASM language seems versatile straight forward. The example programs
are well documented with comments so that even a novice programmer like
myself can follow along. I would like to hear the first impressions of
others who have checked out the SDK.

I don't quite get the concept of the blink event though. It seems that
the light sensor can detect one or two quick bursts of light as an event
trigger. My first thought was that this would be great for
individualized communication. For example, if there are two Scout bots
navigating a room looking for "home base", there could be an RCX that
gives a fiber optic blink when touched to let the Scout know that it
made it. With the signal not being IR, the other Scout would not detect
it. Any other ideas?

Robert Eddings