 Robotics / Scout / 122
Re: Palm Pilot & Scout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.scout
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:39:40 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.scout, Greg Ericksen writes:
I heard that it was possible to control the Scout with a palm pilot. How is
this done?
Thank You,
Greg Ericksen

Hi All,

well I have a palm Vx, which of course has an internal IR port.
I recently bought a Scouot kit, and thought a similar thing.

When I programmed the Scout to reverse when detecting light, and put my palm in
front of it, and beamed something, the scout did actually reverse away.

Now, I don't knowif this was just because the light sensor picked up the IR
"light" or if the IR port thought it was some code being transmitted.

can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Bernard