 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 502
Re: Proximity detections in ROBOLAB?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 12:20:06 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Stefan J. Eriksson wrote:

Proximity detections in ROBOLAB?

   I can't think of why not. Sample the light sensor, then send an IR message,
then sample the light sensor very shortly afterwords. Compare those two light
sensor readings: if the second is much greater than the first, there's something
reflecting the bright IR pulse back at the light sensor. Timing may be the
trick... but in ROBOLAB, you can use the datalog to study in detail what the IR
pulse looks like, what the timing of everything is, etc.

--
Brian Davis