 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 467
  different light readings...

Hi, I have these 2 different light sensors. One reads "41" vs another reads "34" on the same area. I have troubleshoot it by switching ports, different RCX brick. The reading different stays the same. Is this reasonable because they might have a (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: different light readings...

(...) Different light sensors will produce different readings. The range of readings you get will also vary between different light sensors (for example, between the same white surface, and the same black surface, one light sensor might have a (...) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: different light readings...

Hi David, I am sorry that I did not clarify my question. Thank you very much for taking the time out to help though! I fully understand that variations that light sensor produces, and I do make calibration the first thing to do before I run my bots. (...) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx)