 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 388
    Advantage on motor change direction? —Elizabeth Mabrey
   Hi I am trying to understand if there is much advantage on using the "change direction" command, instead of using the usual "turn on motor " in the opposition direction command. (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

        Re: Advantage on motor change direction? —Andrew G. Meyer
     (...) As far as I can tell, there is no advantage, other than the fact that the motor control command allows you to turn on/off other motors at the same time as changing the direction. Other than that, it's a matter of personal preference, by my (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

        Re: Advantage on motor change direction? —Thomas Johnson
   (...) This command is useful when you don't already know what direction a motor is going. Consider the following contrived example: A Robot w/a single light sensor is supposed to drive back and forth between two black lines. Additionally, this robot (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

        Re: Advantage on motor change direction? —Chio Siong Soh
   In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Thomas Johnson wrote: <snip> (...) Um, you can't programmatically detect *in advance* which direction the motor is *set to turn* because that's determined by hardware, namely, by the orientation of the electric cable (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)