 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 350
  questions on events

Are events stackable? Or it works more like "signal()", e.g. in C? e.g. I have 2 different light sensor events set to watch for value higher than 42, yellow & blue. Let say both sensors read 45 at the same time, RCX returns only one event being (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: questions on events

(...) See previous post for the "I-don't-actually-do-Robolab" disclaimer, but, since Robolab & NQC both work on the same firmware... You can monitor multiple events, but only in *different* tasks. In other words, (to my knowledge) you can not "nest" (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: questions on events

(...) Hmm..., notice that the start monitoring icon allows to watch for multiple events within the same task. If each task can only monitor a single event, that feature being there does not quite make sense. (...) This is why I suspect the "event" (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: questions on events

(...) Yeah, my fault. I said two things that do not have to follow. Yes, you can use one event monitor to watch more than one event... and yes, you can't nest event monitoring statements. I've not used an event watcher to monitor more than one event (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: questions on events

(...) This is where you use the event fork(s) that you asked about in a different message. You nest these forks to determine which event has been triggered. (...) Robolab is just a LabVIEW program. Viewed in that context, it is an amazing bit of (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)