 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 304
303  |  305
Subject:
New Robolab user saying hello!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 15:27:59 GMT

Hello,
I have recently purchased Robolab to use with my Mindstorms set.

I am an electronics test development engineer for satellite payloads and
write programs in Labview for the test systems.
So I was interested in Robolab as soon as I found out about it.

Thought some people may be interested to know about (as I haven't read it
mentioned anywhere) that Robolab for Labview (RFL)  is available as a FREE
download from
http://www.ceeo.tufts.edu/robolabatceeo/college/robolabforlabview/default.as
p ,this is what it says:

"ROBOLAB for LABVIEW
ROBOLAB for LABVIEW adds all of the capabilities and features of ROBOLAB
plus more into your existing LABVIEW software. Currently ROBOLAB for LABVIEW
has ONLY been tested with Labview 6 Student Edition.
ROBOLAB for LABVIEW gives you the ability to use LEGO hardware, including
the RCX, COntrol LAb Interface, Scout and Camera, from within LABVIEW. "

Shame I only find out about this AFTER buying Robolab!!

I'm  currently running Labview 6.1 and have Robolab installed, I will
uninstall Robolab and then try to install RFL under 6.1 and let everyone
know how this goes.......( I think there maybe some problems with locked
vi's from NI-IMAQ not being able to re-compile for 6.1)

Incidentally all the Robolab vision processing stuff seems to work fine with
my DEXXA webcam (Logitech Quickcam clone) (only £19.99 at Tesco's).

Am I right in thinking that if I have Robolab then I really don't need to
get the Vision Command or Movie Studio(?) sw?, as all the functionality is
included?

All I need is some time to play!!