 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 289
Re: What is "Stop Event Monitoring" for?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:58:10 GMT

Don't know specifically about Robolab, but usage might be. "I want to
monitor a bump sensor for the next 100 milliseconds for an event; if the
event doesn't happen in this time, then stop monitoring for the event."

One way to program this is define a single bump sensor event. Start
monitoring for the event. Wait 100 msec. Now 'StopEventMonitoring'.

A second approach is to define two events. One is the bump sensor. The
second is a timer event that occurs at 100 msecs. Start monitoring on both
events and wait for the first one to occur.