 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 258
    Re: Robolab, byte codes and assembler —Claude Baumann
   ---...--->snip (...) I guess the competition asks you to run a certain distance as precisely as possible, or/and do some precise turns. We often experienced this kind of challenges in our school. The best way seemed to be to collect statistical (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

        Re: Robolab, byte codes and assembler —Don Stauffer
   In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Claude Baumann wrote: <snip> (...) The main need is to return to the starting point after completing various challenges. I think the challenges also involve objects at known positions compared to the starting point (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

        Re: Robolab, byte codes and assembler —Chris Phillips
   (...) All this talk of patching firmware to correct for problems in rotation sensor readings is very interesting, but I think you may be approaching the problem a bit too directly. First, if the competition rules specify the programming environments (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

        Re: Robolab, byte codes and assembler —Don Stauffer
   (...) My arguments would be: 1. The firmware/sensor arrangement is _broken_. Fixing it should be legal. 2. The FIRST rules permit using different firmware implicitly, because they permit using RIS or Robolab, which requires different firmware. 3. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

        Re: Robolab, byte codes and assembler —Chris Phillips
   (...) Should be legal, perhaps. But I was just suggesting that before sending him off to try to patch the firmware, he might want to make sure it was legal to do so. Although RIS and RoboLab may not use the same identical firmware, that doesn't (...) (21 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)