 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 200
  FW: updating Robolab 2.5 - Some testing

Hello Miles and all, Here is what worked for me on the upgrade process: Number 1.) Robolab 2.5 basic release Number 2.) The CD-ROM 2.5.1 from Pitsco overlaying the 2.5 release Number 3.) Service Pack 1 applied. My version is now 2.5.2 The SP.1 text (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: FW: updating Robolab 2.5 - Some testing

I have Robolab 2.5.0 and I tried to install SP1. The install says that 2.5.1 is required. It then searches for 2.5.1 on your disk. In my case it said 2.5.1 found and updated the software. Robolab now no longer works! This seems to suggest that you (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)

  RE: FW: updating Robolab 2.5 - Some testing

Hello Colin, In order to get this CD-ROM for 2.5.1 I called Deanna Newell at Pitsco. She was on vacation and they transferred me to some very friendly tech support people. To make a long story short, I pointed out all the patches that need to be (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: FW: updating Robolab 2.5 - Some testing

Bill, Thanks for this update. Colin: I emailed Deanna Newell at Pitsco and got a reply back today from Tim Lankford <tlankford@pitsco.com>. He indicated that Deanna has been promoted and that he is now in charge of customer service regarding (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)

  Robolab 2.5.0 -> 2.5.1 ???

I grow confused about all this. Can you tell me how to get 2.5.1 from a patch/update off the net? Alternatively, can you tell me who to contact in the UK (or for the UK) to get the update files please? Mike Reddy, Senior Lecturer -- Web: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: Robolab 2.5.0 -> 2.5.1 ???

Mike, As recommended by others in this thread I contacted Lego Dacta and they sent me (free of charge) a CD-ROM with the 2.5.1 upgrade on it. This can only be applied to an installed copy of 2.5.0. I have not found the 2.5.1 upgrade anywhere on the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)