 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 196
Re: Problem of comm. btw. PC & RCX in lejos2.0!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:25:35 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Laurence K.W. Yip writes:
Hi, all!

|Under the instream directory (of lejos 2.0 package), I'd like to
|download Read.java to RCX to
|read the value sent  from PC with Write.java running on it in order  to

|write a number to RCX. However, when I tried to execute the
|bytecode Write.class, the following error messsage occured:
|
|[root@cpmesp101 instream]#pwd
|/lejos_2_0_0/rcxcomm/examples/instream
|[root@cpmesp101 instream]#ls
|[root@cpmesp101 instream]Read.java  Write.java
|[root@cpmesp101 instream]javac Write.java
|[root@cpmesp101 instream]java Write
|Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: init
|                 at josx.rcxcomm.LLC.init(Native Method)
|                 at josx.rcxcomm.LLCHandler.<init>(LLCHandler.java:18)
|                 at josx.rcxcomm.RCXPort.<init>(RCXPort.java:18)
|                 at Write.main(Writejava:9)
|
|I guess I may have some wrong configurations or even miss some
settings,

|can anyone tell me what should I do now?

It sounds as though you don't have the rcxcomm shared library on your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Details should be in the readme's in the rcxcomm directory
in the distribution.

In general you'll get better answers to this sort of question if you
subscribe to the lejos discussion list at: