 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 179
178  |  180
Subject:
Generate LASM Cmd?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 19:12:25 GMT

Has anyone figured out how to use the Generate LASM Cmd in Robolab 2.5?
Help says: “Simply wire in the lines of text into LASM Cmd and have the
Begin and End wires on either side.”  But how is that done?  I can’t find a
text tool that will produce anything.  The example shows “Play 5” inside a
pink bordered box attached to the lower part of the Generate LASM icon.  You
can copy and paste that example into a new vi screen, run it, and it works.
You can alter the number 5 to other sounds 1-4 and they work.  You can’t
enlarge the box however. I can't make anything like that box.
Right clicking on the Generate LASM Cmd icon produces a number of commands
including an Open Front Panel command at the bottom of the pop-up window.
This Front Panel window contains a series of drop down boxes which might
help create all sorts of different LASM commands.  But the window doesn’t
seem to be functional.  You can edit a few numerals, but there is no obvious
means to save or transfer your results to a vi screen.  I have looked just
about everywhere I can think of to try to find/understand how to create and
place LASM commands.  I’m ready to order a LABVIEW book to see if that will
tell me anything.  We all agree that the 2.5 documentation is thin.  Perhaps
those of you who have had more 2.5 experience could help puzzle it out.