 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 76
FW: Ir transmission
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 16:37:00 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Hempel [mailto:rhempel@bmts.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 1999 9:27 AM
To: robots@jpsc.co.uk
Subject: RE: Ir transmission

Well, in the spirit of FORTH there should be no finite number, just create and
destroy them on the fly as and whan you need them. I have been wandering around
the internet looking and found that hForth has one already:

Right you are John. I've got that code too. My only question is do we want it
as part of the "core" or would you mind loading it as an ASCII file if your
application needs it? Since I write using RTOSes for a living, I can't imagine
a useful application without one...

I'll try to get the version of the hFORTH tasker for the RAM model running
this weekend. I have commented out the PAUSE and WAKE words in the pbFORTH
kernel, so I'll need to fix that before we go further.

So, in order of priority this weekend:

1. Integrate the multitasker, initially as an ASCII addon
2. Get the MARKER word working, as an ASCII addon
3. Fix up register usage to be more RCX friendly
4. Reduce the THROW messages to those strictly needed

This could start to be fun....

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.bmts.com/~rhempel/lego/pbFORTH/default.html>