 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 74
FW: pbFORTH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 16:36:56 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Hempel [mailto:rhempel@bmts.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 1999 9:20 AM
To: robots@jpsc.co.uk
Subject: RE: pbFORTH

Thanks for that, I can't try it until tomorrow because the machine wth the
IR tower on is in bits.

Have you had any thoughts about IRMode() yet?

Not yet. I've GOT to get MARKET going and then implement my changes for
compacting the image.

1. Reorganize the register usage to be more RCX ROM friendly
2. Reduce the THROW messages to only thosed that are used.
3. Put the RCX data structures in an ALLOTed segment and reference it
    indirectly instead of hard coded. This gets around having to leave
    a gap in the dictionary at 0xCC00
4. Find a decent hook for millisecond timers.
5. Fix up the IR transmit and receive to make it interrupt driven.

As you can see, there is LOTS to do...and I'm just too busy right now.
As it is, though, pbFORTH is still pretty useful. If you have a different
order of fixing things you might think is useful, please let me know...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

The train stops at the train station,
The bus stops at the bus station,