 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 71
FW: New pbFORTH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 16:36:51 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Hempel [mailto:rhempel@bmts.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 1999 8:37 AM
To: robots@jpsc.co.uk
Subject: RE: New pbFORTH

MARKER seems to work, but I haven't tested it much as my debug runs more
often end up in a lockup, and I don't think I can use it at all with
multitasking words.

Yes, the MARKER and the tasker are incompatible, since the task
chain is independent of the MARKER. I guess the thing to do is to
restore the task chain to the default value, killing all the tasks,
and THEN using the MARKER defined word to get you back to square one.

My old code has stopped working as SENSOR_READ is now only returning 1
You've (temporarily?) removed the SOUND.. words

Yes, the SOUND words will make their way back in. Sorry about breaking
the old code - I guess my user base (you) wasn't big enough that I
got too many complaints :-)

I think I'm having a few problems with GET_timer and PAUSE, my idea is to
have my low level delay routine relinquish control whilst waiting. My
current efforts seem to go off to nevernever land:

: delay ( 10ms timer -- )
  SWAP OVER timer_SET
  BEGIN
    PAUSE    \ let someone else have a go
    DUP timer_GET 0=
  UNTIL
  DROP
;

: msWait ( ms -- )
  10 /      \ convert to 10ms units
  0 delay   \ use timer 0
;

Are you putting msWait (or the definition that calls it) into a :NONAME
task like in the tasker example. Just running msWAIT interactively will
not put anything in the task list and PAUSE will just go away into the
ether...

Thanks for being a patient guinea pig...(is that a common term in the UK?)

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.bmts.com/~rhempel/lego/pbFORTH/default.html>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com