 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 568
    pbForth & ROLL —John Hansen
   (...) While testing my console the other day I kept getting pbForth to hang (or so it appeared). It turns out I was passing ROLL a number that caused it to do bad things. I'm wondering whether it should error out with "aborted stack underflow" or (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        RE: pbForth & ROLL —Ralph Hempel
   (...) John, As always, it depends. ROLL can sometimes be recovered gracefully, but not always. If you ROLL more than the stack depth, you'll shift some RAM that you probably don't want to shift - like the pbForth image itself. In that case, there's (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)