 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 565
Re: Current state of pbforth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 22:15:31 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Ralph Hempel wrote:
Ralph
Further to my original question I've generated the appropriate words to decode
the dictionary. My second question is how to print out the contents of the tcl
consol windows as I dont seem able to do a cut and past from it thanks.

Yeah, I haven't quite got around to implementing cut-and-paste...

You can use Hyperterminal or any other similar teminal emulator
set to 2400,n,8,1 once the firmware is loaded. Unless you have a USB port.

OK, if you really need this, then I can probably implement cut/copy functionality
fairly quickly. But not this weekend. I'm going camping in a few hours.

BricxCC is making some progress with respect to pbForth support.  I've got a
terminal emulator of sorts that is working.  I just need to get it hooked into
the rest of the application and add XModem downloading to it.  By late next week
it might be ready for releasing.  The terminal emulator window uses the same
editor component as the rest of the application so you get syntax highlighting
as well as other stuff.  I haven't figured it all out yet.

It'll definitely allow copy/paste/clear as well as syntax-highlighted printing
from the terminal window.  The regular editor windows will support the code
explorer and the procedure list parsing functions - or at least that is the
plan.

John Hansen
http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm