 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 50
FW: New pbFORTH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 16:36:11 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: John Cooper [mailto:robots@jpsc.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 1999 5:08 AM
To: Ralph Hempel
Subject: Re: New pbFORTH

I have it now, thank you.

I've figured out how POWER_GET works, but not the return values. From the
docs it takes one argument, but the code says two ( addr-a code -- )

HEX RCX_POWER 4000 POWER_GET RCX_POWER @ DECIMAL .

seems to return 2 if the button isn't pressed, and 0 if it is.

Do you know the mapping of the raw battery voltage values? I seem to get
280 (decimal) for NiCds

I think it would be batter to have two calls
get_on_off_key_state ( -- state )
get_battery_voltage ( -- millivolts )
and do whatever needs to be done to return a flag for the first and true
voltage for the second.

POWER_OFF doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried:

RCX_INIT
POWER_INIT
BUTTON_INIT
SENSOR_INIT

then:

POWER_OFF

just causes the RCX to die and the ON/OFF button doesn't get it back.

I've tried HAT and BUILD and SLEEP, etc and so far it seems to work.
--
John Cooper, Wallington, UK