 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 403
RE: A reset key for pbforth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:12:41 GMT

Ernst de Ridder wrote:

Hi all,

as I am one of those people who cannot remember the order of the
arguments to
DUMP, I wrote a simple interrupt handler to use RUN as a reset key (like
ctrl-alt-del on a PC). Comments are welcome here, or by email.

Ersnt,

Thanks for this tip. I was contemplating using some kind of
interrupting switch to the batteries, this is much better.

I might make it accept a parameter which is a mask of the keys
to press for the reset function. I'll integrate this (with credit)
into the next pbForth.

With the bug on stack allocation wrapping over a 256 byte boundary,
I'm going to allocate fixed stacks for multi-tasking in an optional
kernel build. Once we get easy to access tasking for pbForth it will
be more acceptable.

Finally, there has been some discussion about the pbForth linux zip
file. I'll be posting a new one shortly.

To everyone else, I'm willing to adapt any text you might submit for
docs for my website.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth>

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com