 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 397
396  |  398
Subject:
New to PBforth - a few questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 18:25:45 GMT

Hello,

I just installed PBforth and the associated GUI interface.  It works great!

However I do have a few questions to anyone who can help.

If I type or just hit the enter key things seem OK.  But after it sits for a
few moments it gets junk on the line.  I've moved the RCX closer to the IR
unit and replaced the batteries but still get junk after it sits.  What can be
done?

Using Knudsen's book, I tested out a few things.  By the way I used to program
in forth about 15 years ago.  Anyway I tried the MOTOR_SET word and althought
it works, the power setting doesn't seem to make any difference.  The book
states I can use 1 to 7 to very the power.  What am I doing wrong?

Are all forth files for pbforth .txt files?  Or is there another more common
extention?

Where can I find examples of pbforth programs?

Thanks!