 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 374
    Re: RTC —Nils Oberg
   NOTE: This is a continuation of a conversation with Mr. Hempel via email. >> Can I send this text to the robot from a pc at an arbritrary time? How long >> will it take each instruction to download? >Yes you can. I've written a Tcl (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        RE: RTC —Ralph Hempel
     (...) You can use RCX.pm, but that's really for sending native byte streams to the RCX. You can just use standard IO calls to write to the serial port on your Linux Box. Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO Mindstorms (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        Re: RTC —Steven J. Morris
   (...) Yes. The IR just becomes a dumb serial port whith an annoying builtin echo, almost like you had a serial port cable attached to the RCX. Open the port on the host system using whatever language you want and proceed to send commands to it. Of (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)