 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 325
  RE: serial port interrupts

(...) Sounds good Steve, see notes below for some pointers... (...) Absolutely. All we have to do is enable the interrupts on the receiver throw the chars into a buffer. I'd keep the standard FORTH words that already exist so less system source (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: serial port interrupts

(...) Actually that's what I was intending but I couldn't remember the words at my keyboard. To make debugging easier I will use parallel words that can be merged in later. I was going to use the following debugging strategy: Put the isr init in a (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: serial port interrupts

(...) It's amazing, but I get all kinds of comments on how it's impossible to debug systems like the RCX brick. I guess if you're used to deeply embedded systems, figuring out how to let it tell you what's going on is a big part of the magic... (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: serial port interrupts

(...) I'm not suggesting that it isn't hard. Compared to native debugging with printf and gdb in an emacs window it is quite hard. It's just that you build up a bag of tricks after a while or take up application development instead. :-) One of the (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)