 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 284
Re: Checksum download of text to RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 08:53:28 GMT

2) PBX (=PBforth Xfer) uses its own buffer, pbx.buf. I would like to use the
TIB instead to conserve memory. This feels allowable because both ACCEPT and

Using the TIB is fine, since only one channel can be active at a time. It • would
be best if PBX-RECEIVE could filter lines with/without sums. Maybe a special
leadin char to indicate the line needs a checksum?

Can do... Currently a line is transmitted as <text>NL<checksum>, so a
checksummed line can already be distinguished from a non-checksummed,
CR-terminated line. Adding a line header (any objections against STX?) is
more failsafe, of course.

And, when ACCEPT handles both checksummed and non-checksummed lines, this also
removes the need for an ETX, as the protocol terminates automatically after
every line. So the user interrupt problem is removed, too.

Ernst