 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 908
  Re: Positioning with the RCX - a pragmatic approach

(...) I have seen a nonlego robot called Cye. He is controlled by a human on a computer. As you move him about a room, he uses a computer program and a bump sensor to make a 'map' of the room. After the map is made, a homebase can be set up, and (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Positioning with the RCX - a pragmatic approach

I have daydreamed about the concept of 'mapping' a room using the datalog. The general idea would be to use the rotation sensor to measure out a room in 20 X 20 cm sections and log a 'zero' for clear sections and a 'one' for obsructed sections. I (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)