 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 833
Re: Connecting 2 RCXs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:56:16 GMT

Bernd Frassek wrote:

The IR interface is one way to establish a "connection" via messages between 2
RCXs and it works fine if both of the RCXs will receive a message - directly or
by multiple reflections within the room. However, it is a slow communication.

My problem now: the RCXs are arranged in a construction where no (or no
reliable) IR link can be set up.

A solutuion could be to use an output at the transmitting RCX and an input at
the reveiving RCX.

But I must admit that I am not feeling very comfortable, putting a voltage to
an input and I don't want to try this out and look if it works.

Hook up the output of RCX.A to the Input of RCX.B. Set the RCX.B's input to Touch.

Now toggle the RCX.A's output from  OFF and float. This will turn the ground
'short' on and off and work Exactly like a switch. No power runs though the Input
sensor from RCX.A.

By the way, my
nephew hooked up a motor to a sensor input (defined as light sensor) and
destroyed the input just when I had Mindstorms for 3 days ...

I've been told, by Lego staff that the Inputs are protected from the Above from
happening... How odd.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html