 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 68
67  |  69
Subject:
Does NQC support arrays?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 07:14:03 GMT

I'm building a BrickCode Reader.
Basically it reads a stack of 2x2 bricks of various colors like a barcode.
I've managed to hack together a prototype BrickCode Reader.
I can feed it a stack of bricks and it beeps different tones based on which
color brick is passing the light sensor.
It's pretty neat actually.  I plan on using this reader to make various
things such as player piano, or a programmable robot similar to the BarCode
Truck, etc.

Now, my problem is, I need to store these values in an array so I can use it
to control my robot.
Of course I could have performed the actions as I'm reading the BrickCode,
but I thought it would be neater if it scans the bricks, stores the values
in an array, then repeatedly perform the actions coded in the array.

I don't think NQC supports arrays, does it?
I hope I won't have to hardcode a bunch of variables to emulate an array
(yuck!)

Another way I thought of was to use the DataLog, but I could not find a way
to READ the data from NQC.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!