 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 632
631  |  633
Subject:
NQC 2.x event processing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 01:23:15 GMT

Dave, I'm curious if the system of events and event-trapping in NQC 2.x
will remain about the same as it is now. I played around with it this
last week, and had little success (it worked once or twice, I *think*),
but what struck me was how much I liked the events system in the LEGO
pBrick script language. It's pretty clear they've developed their
language around subsumption architecture, and while it's possible to
replicate this with procedural code, it sure is nice to have it
built-in.

OTOH, pBrick script doesn't seem to have the "organic flowthrough" (to
quote the movie Beelejuice) as NQC has. Or maybe I'm just more used to
C.

Anyway, I was wondering where your thinking was on this.

-- Gordon