 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 520
Re: sending output to LCD possible?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 03:53:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In article <38E7FFD4.7D059302@xmission.com>, Todd Ahlstrom
<todda@xmission.com> wrote:

I skimmed through the NQC docs but I didn't see anything about sending
messages to the display on the RCX.  Is it possible?  More specifically,
sending the value of a variable to the display?  I have a little robot
that I plan to use to count things, I would love to be able to display
the current count on the display, but I am afraid it may not be
possible.

Not possible with the existing RCX firmware.

However the RCX 2.0 firmware (currently in early-alpha) does support
displaying a variable (and almost anything else) on the LCD.  These
operations will be available in NQC...but only when targetting the new
firmware.

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com