 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 381
380  |  382
Subject:
NQC default output file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 20:34:40 GMT

I was checking to see if NQC already does have an option to spit bytecodes
to stdout (-L would work, if rcxcomm would understand the format) and I came
across something that seems nonintuitive to me. The default output file is
"named the same as the input file, but with an extension of '.rcx' instead
of '.nqc'", according to the user manual. Wouldn't it make more sense to use
the basename of the file and output to the current directory?

In order to test nqc, I was doing

jadzia:~$ nqc /usr/doc/nqc-2.1.b2/test.nqc

and nothing happened! (Oh yeah, this brings up another problem -- if it
can't write the file, it ought to complain!) When I copied the file to /tmp,
and did

jadzia:~$ nqc /tmp/test.nqc

I ended up with test.rcx in /tmp/, not ~. This is exactly as documented, of
course, but not what I expect to happen.