 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1864
Re: RCX remote jammer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 16:01:02 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Jeffery MacEachern wrote:
   this is going to be short, b/c I only have a minute. Check out http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=178944 (after mod) for an NQC program that will allow you to jam almost any IR remote control signal.

Direct prgm link: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jaem/RISJammer/lmirjam.nqc

Instructions: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jaem/RISJammer/instructions.txt

Enjoy, and please give me feedback

I haven’t actually used the program in a long time, and I’m getting compiler errors now - I think I’ve updated BricxCC/NQC since then, and I might have to adjust a few things. At any rate, it shouldn’t be far from working, so play around with it.

As an addendum, the basic function of the program is to send out what is barely close enough to a 38 kHz square wave for it to work. A 38 kHz wave will jam the receiver, however, they aren’t usually too picky - I’ve built a circuit that ran at 41 kHz, and it worked fine, and I forgot to turn the checksum off on this program, and it still worked fine. Technically, it shouldn’t work at all - but it does!

Jeffery

/* No Comment */