 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1634
    NQC ideas —John Hansen
   NQC is definitely sticking with its C heritage with respect to semi-colons. Elisabeth mentioned fancier math and IP features. Neither of those seem possible when you consider that the compiler has to generate code that runs on the LEGO firmware (...) (20 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: NQC ideas —Kevin L. Clague
     (...) Hi John, C is more restrictive than C++ when it comes to variable declaration. In C, you can only declare variables at the beginning of a block before any executable. Well, lets see..... any variables declared outside a function are by (...) (20 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

         Re: NQC ideas —Juergen Stuber
     (...) As of C99 that is no longer true, though still current usage to support older compilers. Jürgen (20 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

         Re: NQC ideas —Kevin L. Clague
     (...) Who says NQC has to be C99 compliant? Thanks for the update though. I've not been following C updates. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

         Re: NQC ideas —Juergen Stuber
     (...) Not me in any case, see my other post. Jürgen (20 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: NQC ideas —Juergen Stuber
   (...) I'd say go for it, it is still quite uncommon for C programmers to put their variable declarations elsewhere. Jürgen (20 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)