 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1593
  Happy new year!!!

Happy new year for everybody! I started making this program at 11:00 pm on December 31st. Incredibly, I could finish it for 12:00 to use it. It simulates fireworks sound using the RCX speaker. It uses lots of Random(n) calls to make the sound (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Happy new year!!!

It don't really simulate a firework but ... It's so cool :) nanobapt (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Happy new year!!!

(...) thanks, at the same from me, (...) Maybe a stupid question, (haven't used NQC for a while), but can anyone tell me, why is my NQC compiler complaining that freq should be a constant ? thanks, Stef Mientki (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Happy new year!!!

(...) RCX 1.0 (the default target for NQC) doesn't support variable frequencies. If you instruct NQC to generate code for RCX 2.0 (using the -Trcx2 option on the command line) then it should stop complaining. Of course, in order for the program to (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Happy new year!!!

(...) Thanks Dave, it works now ! Stef Mientki (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)