 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1534
    write files2 —Markus Wegmann
   thx for your answers. let me specify the problem better: the rcx is always connected with the PC. now i have a lightsensor and i want to save the results of the lightsensor every 2 seconds to my log.txt file ;) What is the best and easyiest way to (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: write files2 —Markus Wegmann
     (...) btw: the results must be saved: e.g: log.txt consists: result1;result2;result3... (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

         Re: write files2 —John Hansen
     (...) Markus, I second Chris' request that you explain more fully what you are trying to do exactly. Why do you need your output formatted as result1;result2;result3..., for instance? John Hansen (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: write files2 —Chris Phillips
     (...) By "connected" do you mean always within range of the infrared tower? (...) How long do you need to do this? Do you need to access the text file while the robot is running, or do you only plan to use the data after the experiment is over? (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: write files2 —John Hansen
   (...) You probably do not want to use the datalog if you just want to get the latest lightsensor reading every two seconds. Here's a way to do it if you can use JavaScript and if you have BricxCC installed (since BricxCC implements an out-of-process (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)