 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1523
Re: How to user MONITOR command for watching TIMER in Spybotics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 05:25:43 GMT

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your reply.
In fact, for several nights I was using very similar snippet you provided to
watch the timer before posting my problem, however, I was careless to spell the
Timer(0) with TIMER(0) and the compiler always complained parse error !
Now I solved my problem. Again, many thanks !

Best Regards,

Liem PH

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Dave Baum wrote:
This program below shows how a timer event can be used.

Dave Baum

----

#define MY_EVENT 0

task main()
{
   ClearTimer(0);
   SetEvent(MY_EVENT, Timer(0), EVENT_TYPE_HIGH);
   SetUpperLimit(MY_EVENT, 1000);

   monitor(EVENT_MASK(MY_EVENT)) {
      while(true) {
         Wait(100);
         PlaySound(SOUND_CLICK);
      }
   }

   PlaySound(SOUND_UP);
}

In article <HHswKM.pE4@lugnet.com>,
"Liem Peng Hong" <liemph@nais.ne.jp> wrote:

Dear Members,

I managed to use NQC MONITOR command to watch TIMERs in my SCOUT using the
predefined SCOUT events (EVENT_TIMER_0). However, I failed with my Spybotics
and
RCX 2.0.

My question is how can I use the MONITOR command to watch TIMERs (or maybe
COUNTERs) in my Spybotics and RCX. Concretely I'd like to do the following
thing:

1. Clear TIMER(0).
2. Set TIMER(0) limit to 1000
2. SetEvent 0 to TIMER(0) over limit
3. Monitor MASK_EVENT(0) whether TIMER(0) over limit the preset value (1000).

Thank you in advance.

Liem PH.