 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1231
1230  |  1232
Subject:
color-coded (by target) HTML NQC API documentation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 04:10:25 GMT

I created color-coded (by target) HTML documentation for the API part of the
NQC documentation. I also generated 5 index pages:

1. Master Index: all functions and values, color-coded by target
2. Cybermaster only index
3. RCX only index
4. RCX2 only index
5. Scount only index

Comments appreciated:
http://www.cybercomm.net/~rajcok/nqc

Background info:
I got an RCX back in August and was VERY happy to find NQC
(being a programmer and all) - thanks Dave.
I was also very happy to find that it was well documented -
thanks Dave, again.
I was somewhat disappointed that I could not find any HTML
documentation (is it out there?). I saw the
- PDF version with hyperlinks
- "Windows HTML Help format" version (BTW Dave, I think
  this link should be added/moved to your Documentation page)
- 2-page reference card
but they were not quite what I was looking for.

I figured it was time to create an HTML version, mainly for
hyperlink purposes (I don't care much for PDF).
As I was translating, it became apparent that I should color-code
by target. I decided on vertical color bars (using HTML tables)
and quickly discovered it would take me weeks to translate by hand.
So I wrote a Perl program to scan a somewhat-marked-up text
version of the documentation. The program also created the indexes.

Since Dave was very consistent in the way he labeled Functions and Values (only
once was there an extra "-"), the Perl parsing was pretty straightforward.
Thanks again Dave.

-- Mark