 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1207
  RCX 2.0 Arrays

I wanted to increment the value contained in an array. I did array[0]++; NQC complained: ERROR expression is not a legal target for assignment. The carrot under array[0]++ pointed to the index value, that is the 0. It seems NQC thought I was trying (...) (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Arrays

The NQC manual says... "Neither arrays nor their elements can be used with the increment (++) or decrement (--) operators." I guess it's not quite C :-) "Frank Caggiano" <caggiano@crystal-objects.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Arrays

(...) Manual? Manual! We don't need no stinking manual. Thanks, ("I guess I should read it", he says sheepishly) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Arrays

(...) Fixing that has been on the to-do list for a long time. But it just isn't a high priority since there are easy workarounds. Right now adding USB support is top priority. Dave Baum (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)