 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 997
996  |  998
Subject:
Another makefile suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 05:39:54 GMT

This particular change would be useful in the lib directories.  Instead of
using this:

SOURCES=memset.c strcmp.c ..... etc.

Use this:

SOURCES := $(wildcard *.c)

Note the use of ':=', not '='.  This will pick up ALL .c files in the
current directory.  Coupled with this:

OBJECTS=$(SOURCES:.c=.o)

It nicely automates the makefile.

On another subject, I've found a quirk when using the DOS version of GNU
MAKE.  It treats filenames as case sensitve, so it didn't handle the
filename memcpy.S properly since makefile.common has the definition using .s
for the assembler.  I was unable to locate a switch or option that forced
make to ignore case.  Windows is case-retentive, but not case-sensitive.

Rossz