 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 988
987  |  989
Subject:
LNP problems detected
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 14:45:59 GMT

A problem appeared when trying to sent the value 16. The LNP protocal makes
the folowing string

F0011000

I couldnt receive in my computer the final caracter the 0. This can be a
problem.

Another problem, this one alowed by the protocol is the folowing:

If some noise is received with the bits of the header the next caracter will
be the size of the message. This causes the receiver to ignore many next
caracter until reaching the end of the message and only them detecting the
error with the checksum.

Can I suggest another protocol

HEADER SIZE CHKSUM BODY CHKSUM

In this way only one byte would be lost.

     Thank you, happy yellow robots