 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 546
Re: LegOS 0.2.2 on Win95 (almost)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 19:55:06 GMT

I have helloworld.lx running on my rcx, compiled and downloaded with legOS
0.2.2 on cygwin and Win95! Rover.lx doesn't work right now, don't know why
yet (i get 'unable to load legOS executable from rover.lx').

I had to use a little workaround. Apparently, there's something not working
with the asynchronous io and the SIGIO stuff from loader.c in cygwin. The
sigio_handler is never called, even though the rcx is responding to the
packets it gets. So i augmented the number of retries in loader.c
(XMIT_RETRIES), started up dll. Then i started up a seperate bash window and
from that window i did 'ps', which gave me a pid for dll.exe. I then did
'kill -SIGIO <pid>' whenever i got a 'ack=0' message from dll. So i managed
to download hellowold.lx by manually sending the SIGIO signals.

I don't know if the SIGIO stuff is working in cygwin, as far as i can tell,
it should. Maybe someone more familiar wih this can comment? We could always
ask on one of the cygwin lists.

Peter