 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 492
  Re: Notes on WinNT and legOS 0.2.2

(...) I think that making .lx files doesn't involve Perl, even though building legOS.srec and the util stuff still uses Perl. This implies that you could distribute a precompiled legOS.srec and a smaller set of tools, sans Perl, for people to build (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Notes on WinNT and legOS 0.2.2

(...) In fact, as currently configured, building user-land programs also requires one of the perl programs in util, so we can't quite get rid of it yet. Here is my perl analysis- As far as I can tell (via extensive grepping and make-file reading), (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)