 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 441
Re: RCX-enhanced egcs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 07:19:40 GMT

  I just downloaded the new rcx tools, unfotunately the gcc dies
(segmentation fault, even if I run the gcc only (with no parameters).

  any ideas what's going on? does it require glibc2.1? any settings?

  TIA

erik

"Markus L. Noga" wrote:

Hello,

I just posted the final RCX interrupt handling patch for egcs. There is
no need for wrappers anymore. Interrupt handlers can be declared like
this now:

void handler() __attribute__((rcx_interrupt));

void handler() {
  // do stuff
}

For a leaf handler, the directive will push r0..r5 as needed. For a
handler that calls other functions, r0..r3 are always saved and r4..r5
saved on-demand. r6 is saved by ROM. In order to take handle
non-modified compilers as well, your code can check the pre-defined
symbol CONF_RCX_COMPILER.

Also, a new binary distribution of the tool chain for Linux/glibc is
available now. It incorporates the patch. Due to the usage of shared
libraries and symlinks, it is down to 1.2 MB now.

Files at http://www.noga.de/legOS/

Ciao,

Markus.

--