 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3958
  Re: train precision

(...) hi Steve, I think the problem is not exactly the same. The lego technic motors run always at the same speed so you need to use that kind of schema for speed control in robots. The train motors are different, they have a speed proportional to (...) (18 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: train precision

I do think Steve is on the right track here. The train regulator varies the voltage, but the RCX output can't. So you are left with managing (nominally) 9v pulses. But there is another solution. You could add a DCC decoder to your train motor, and (...) (18 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: train precision

(...) ... (...) ... (...) ... (...) As Brian said, it's not the motors, it's the RCX. You can run Technic motors off a train controller, and you can vary the speed. But you need to do a bit more if you're using the RCX. We used that scheme when we (...) (18 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: train precision

(...) thanks for the suggestion, Brian I want to make some experimences with LDCC some day. But not in this project. daniel (18 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: train precision

(...) didn't find the c code in the url you mentioned. You used the same technique in the train, as in the legway? daniel (18 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: train precision

(...) Yes, I used the same code for controlling Legway as the Great Ball Contraption train. That's what I posted here: (URL) (18 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)