 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3946
3945  |  3947
Subject:
brickOS on Mac OS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:51:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello,

I'm trying to get a recent brickOS (0.9.0) working on Mac OS X 10.4.3. I have an
RCX 2.0 with the USB tower.

I have a cross-compiler (gcc 3.2.2) that apparently works, and using the
firmware download program included with lejOS (specially hacked for OS X by
Markus Strickler) I managed to get the kernel onto the RCX, which appears to
work OK.

The problem is getting user programs onto the RCX. The dll program appears to be
deeply wired to use serial-style communication.

Does anyone have a known-good version of dll (preferably with source) that they
can share with me? I am happy to do some hacking but would much prefer to build
on other people's work if possible.

Any other tips about getting things working on OS X are most welcome.

Note I have read the archives on lugnet - I found Michael Zapp's tools which are
unfortunately of no help. (His dll gives me a bus error, and as there is no
source code I don't know where to start hacking.)

Thanks,
Peter.