 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3748
  Re: issues with 6-legs bot

(...) Am I correct in thinking the two front, and two back legs don't move, only the middle two? That's a nice, simple design. And you have two light sensors, and your goal is to keep them on either side of the line, right? (...) If I understand (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RE: issues with 6-legs bot

Hi Steve, Thank you very much for your put! (...) Can't take the credit. I got the idea from the Sato book, instead of 4 legs, I thought the 6 legs are much more stable. (...) That's pretty much what I did initially, except I used to put in "wait" (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: issues with 6-legs bot

(...) Your approach is pretty common. As it turns out, you can (should) remove the wait time, also. Many people think they need to tell the robot how long to turn, or how long to go forward. It's like driving down the road in a car. You don't look (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)