 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3684
  Re: Spurious bad readings from sensors

(...) Because of the way BrickOS uses interrupts to handle active sensors, it's possible for sensors to be deprived of power for 300us or more, though typically the interval is only 30us or so. This is due to long interrupt latencies in BrickOS that (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Spurious bad readings from sensors

Hi Mark, Thanks for the help. In Steve's legway code he reads from LIGHT_1 and LIGHT_3 (even if there is no sensor hooked to LIGHT_3). When I was running his code with instrumentation for both sensors, I had nothing hooked to SENSOR_3, and I still (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Spurious bad readings from sensors

(...) Could it be noise getting into the analog power supply? If you're switching between brake and full power with the motor ports, it seems possible that some spikes could get through to the A/D converter. You might be able to test this by (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)